The IAR, the Institute for Animal Reproduction, was founded in 1964 and was approved as a nonprofit corporation by permission of the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology in 1980.
We are an independent and nonprofit foundation, and our aims are as follows:
1. Conducting research investigation on the basis of physiology about
breeding of animals,
2. Spreading of the result,
3. Contributing to progress development of arts and sciences.
The IAR is located in Kasumigaura, 60 kilometers about 37 miles, northeast of Tokyo. The Tsukuba Science City, that has the Tsukuba University and a number of research institutions, is located nearby.
1. The fundamental study concerning the breeding physiology of animals,
2. Research investigation regarding with the breeding of laboratory animals,
breeding, breeding management, and feed,
3. Research and development with respect to animal experiment technologies
and the examination relevant to breeding of animals,
4. Announcements of our studies and spread of results of researches.
We breed W-I rat, L-E rat, and IVCS mouse for general-purpose use, and some others that can be used in disease modeling. Most of these animal resources are available with our research data, technical information.
Please click the following for details.